Destination Gympie Region Visitor Information Centre (Lake Alford) is located at the southern entry to Gympie on the Bruce Highway.
This accredited visitor information centre offers a one stop shop for travel information:
- including maps, brochures
- free wi-fi internet access.
- an extensive range of Gympie regional produce available for sale
- light refreshments (incl tea/coffee)
- Gold Fossicking Licences for the state of Qld available for purchase
- Qld National Parks booking kiosk enabling visitors to book camping and vehicle permits on line
- book exchange facility for visitors.
Staffed by skilled and knowledgeable locals, the Lake Alford Visitor Information Centre provides advice on the things to see and do in the Gympie Region including Rainbow Beach, Tin Can Bay, Cooloola National Parks, Fraser Island, Kilkivan, Goomeri and the Mary Valley.
Lake Alford provides a wonderful rest stop for drivers with ample parking, all abilities play ground, barbecue and picnic facilities, toilets and an off the dog leash park.
|All year||Daily||9am - 4pm|
|Saturday||10am - 2pm|
|Sunday||10am - 2pm|