Visit the garden city of Toowoomba, where the Darling Downs and Great Diving Range join forces to attract nature lovers seeking crisp winter air, clear summer days, the burnt shades of autumn and a riot of colour in spring.
- Sip chilled white wine amongst 252 acres of olive trees and grapevines in Crows Nest or lay out a blanket at Picnic Point, with views over the Lockyer Valley.
- See the Valley of the Diamonds gorge from Crows Nest Falls at Koonin Lookout, with water plummeting 25 metres below.
- Breathe in the annual carnival of flowers and the jacaranda trees lining the historic railway station.
- Stroll country markets for treasured antique pieces and marvel at the size of nearly 50 horse-drawn vehicles assembled in one museum collection.
- Take a self-guided walk past traditional Queensland homes from the 1860s and watch a local performance in the heritage-listed art-deco theatre.