Providing the green behind the gold, the Gold Coast Hinterland is full of unspoilt National Parks
and charming mountain villages, filled with antiques, artisan galleries and decadent caramel fudge worth the drive.
Hike to yesteryear
- Explore the World Heritage listed Gondwana Rainforest with panoramic views and streaming waterfalls. Top marks for hearing the rare Albert's Lyrebird.
- Feeling hardcore? Test your agility on The Great Walk three-day trek from O’Reilly’s to Binna Burra to Springbrook National Park.
- Saddle-up for a foodie’s cycling tour of Mount Tamborine’s local produce, including cellar doors, cheeses and the brewery.
At one with the animals
- Soar through the forest canopy on an elevated skywalk at Lamington National Park or Mount Tamborine.
- Join a nocturnal eco-certified tour to Natural Bridge to spot a luminous colony of glowworms.
- Roam market stalls and retreat back to your bush cabin with a glass of locally produced wine and a roaring fireplace.