From diving shipwrecks and island-hopping to strolls along the foreshore and a packed calendar of events – you’ll see, do and learn more in Townsville.
Just add water
- Experience the Great Barrier Reef without getting wet at the world’s largest living coral reef aquarium.
- Get hands-on at the Turtle Hospital and do your bit for animal conservation and reef research.
- Dive the century-old SS Yongala shipwreck, then swap sea for sand and head to laid-back Magnetic Island or luxurious Orpheus Island.
Entree. Mainland. Dessert.
- Meet an eat street (aka Palmer Street) worth saving your appetite for, with a smorgasbord of restaurants and cafes to choose from.
- Time your trip with one of Townsville’s many concerts, music festivals, sporting events, culinary fiestas and local markets.
- Ride a bike along the palm tree-studded esplanade – The Strand – or take a hike up Castle Hill for a 360-degree sunset serenade.