It might only be a 20-minute ferry ride from Townsville
, but once you set foot on Magnetic Island you’ll soon be running on island time.
Back to nature
- Work your camera and your legs on the Forts Walk, keeping an eye out for koalas, WWII military base ruins and views of the island’s 23 bays and beaches.
- Set out on a self-guided snorkelling tour of Geoffrey Bay then hand-feed rock wallabies once back on shore.
- Venture off the beaten path to some (almost) secret national park beaches including Arthur, Radical and Florence Bay.
- Feel the wind in your hair behind the wheel of a classic moke or topless car, or set sail on a tall ship.
- Saddle up for horse riding through Maggie’s best beach and bush real estate.
- Get your heart racing at Horseshoe Bay with jet-skiing and sea kayaking.