Sitting pretty between the reef, rainforest and outback, Townsville North Queensland is an amazing region with diverse and exciting places to visit.
- With a vibrant, laidback atmosphere and 320 days of sunshine per year, Townsville is the perfect base to explore the region.
- Experience the country charm of the outback at Charters Towers with its historic gold fields.
- Famous for being the sugar capital of Australia, ‘The Burkekin’ with its vast flat delta lands, produce the biggest sugar cane crops in the country, together with mangoes, melons, capsicums and tomatoes – yum!
- For nature lovers, Hinchinbrook Island is a must see destination with its costal wetland and tropical rainforest oasis.
- Take in spectacular scenery on a trail walk then relax under a palm tree at one of the 23 beaches and bays, at Magnetic Island.