Jump back to the 1920s amongst art deco architecture in beautiful Mackay City. Experience the Coral Sea where it meets the national parks and sugar cane fields of the hinterland.
- Join a walking tour to learn the history behind Mackay’s beautiful buildings and mosaic public art displays.
- Walk, jog or cycle along the Bluewater Trail around the Pioneer River, then let the kids loose in the nearby water park.
- Breathe in the scent of thousands of orchids in Queens Park or cheer on galloping horses in an annual race down the sand at the Mackay Harbour Beach Horse Race.
- Taste the high life from an apartment overlooking the million-dollar marina and enjoy fresh prawns from the local fish market on your balcony.
- Take your pick of eateries in the city centre dining precinct.