Sometimes all you want is to get away from the city’s busy pace; to find the space your work week doesn't allow. Southern Queensland Country offers the slow pace of country life in the elegant setting of rolling hills, boutique vineyards, antique shops and fresh, local fare.
- Taste a drop from one of five, James Halliday rated five-star wineries in the Granite Belt and South Burnett.
- Pick your own apples, berries or other locally-grown produce at one of the farm stays of the region.
- Chase a waterfall or two in one of the National Parks.
- Cosy up to a loved one or a good book with a fireplace and a glass of red.
- Take a leisurely drive through the greenery of the Bunya Mountains.
- Say “yee-haw” in the rodeo capital of Warwick.
Whether you’re after peace and quiet or indulging your country side, these friendly villages are all easy to reach from the doorstep of Brisbane.