South Burnett sits atop Australia’s Great Dividing Range where the rainforest meets the grasslands in a kaleidoscope of rich red soil, vineyards and lavender fields.
Feed the senses
- Pop in and out of cellar doors in Queensland’s newest wine region from Nanango to Moffatdale and stay in historic homesteads amongst the vines.
- Feast on local Kingaroy nibbles like Red Washed Rind silky cheese, sweet-chilli-and-lime flavoured peanuts and creamy fudge.
Reconnect in the outdoors
- Cast a line at Lake Boondooma and Bjelke-Petersen Dam or try your luck snagging first place in The Great Australian Pumpkin Roll in Goomeri.
- Recharge at ‘the balds’ in Bunya Mountains, where lush forest gives way to the grasslands.
- Stroll the Barker Creek Circuit past cascading waterfalls, with bracken ferns shading the floor, and keep your eyes out for nesting red king parrots.