Outback Queensland is an adventure waiting to happen. If you love road trips and wide open spaces, characters and long yarns then get along to a true Outback town and let the locals show you around.
- Feel the electric excitement of a rodeo before the bull bucks into the ring.
- Cheer on a winner at an annual camel or yabby race.
- Have a yarn with a local character in some of Queensland’s most iconic pubs and award winning restaurants
- Scoot your boots at a music festival or wax lyrical at a cultural festival.
- Dig up a dinosaur bone or precious gem in some of the world’s greatest fossicking grounds.
- Explore the heritage-listed Riversleigh Fossil Sites.
- Paint your 4x4 red on your off road adventure.
- Sleep under the stars when you camp in landscapes that feel like a different world.
Like it or not, Outback Queensland will indelibly ink itself in your mind and you’ll find yourself returning again and again.