Meet colourful outback characters, an adventurous five-hours’ drive from Brisbane in Outback Queensland’s South West – where wedge-tail eagles soar, bilbies are born and the nights are filled with stunning sunsets and countless stars and towns come alive with Rodeos and campdrafts.
- Camp beside a waterhole in the Currawinya National Park or snuggle up under the stars and spot the Milky Way through a powerful telescope.
- Nurture an endangered marsupial at the bilby breeding centre in Charleville or slip into a mineral-rich outdoor artesian mud bath in Eulo.
- Visit Carnarvon Ranges National Park and Expedition National Park.
- Dig for boulder opal gems at the designated fossicking area outside of Quilpie or meet the locals over a cold ale at the desolate ‘pub without a town’ in Toompine.
- Have an outback ‘eventure’ watching cowboys in action on the banks of the Warrego River in Cunnamulla.
- Roll out your swag beneath the sandstone cliffs of the Great Dividing Range and marvel at Aboriginal rock art.