Trying to figure out how you’re going to get to Hervey Bay or Fraser Island and then get around to see the sights? Here are our travel tips!
Fraser Coast Airport
The Fraser Coast Airport
is located 10 minutes from the Esplanade in Hervey Bay and has a number of transport options to get you where you need to go.
- Book a door-to-door shuttle service to your hotel.
- Jump in a Taxi.
- Hire a rental car to get you around from the airport.
Road and rail
- Hervey Bay is only 3.5 hours in the car from Brisbane on the Bruce Highway.
- Get on a coach bus to the Hervey Bay Coach Terminal & Transit Centre.
- The Tilt-train service can transport you from Brisbane into Maryborough.
Once you’re in Hervey Bay
, you can choose your own way to get around!
Wide Bay Transit runs the bus shuttle services around Hervey Bay and Maryborough to get you around.
Getting to Fraser Island
Here is some starting information to get your over to and exploring Fraser Island
- Catch a ferry from Inskip Point, Rainbow Beach to Hook Point, Fraser Island.
- Catch a ferry from River Heads, Hervey Bay to Kingfisher Bay Resort or Wanggoolba Creek on Fraser Island.
- If you’re not staying at one of the resorts on the island, you’ll need to have a four wheel drive to get around to the island’s points of interests.
- If you don’t have a four wheel drive you can get around the island via:
- Dedicated walks from your resort
- Day tours
- Scenic flight
Explore all of the transport options available below.