If you enjoy the road a little less travelled, Capricorn offers a myriad of unforgettable experiences and simple pleasures. From sunset walks on the beach and fish and chips to exploring sandstone gorges, sapphire gemfields and the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
- Visit Great Keppel Island for a lazy Sunday picnic or join a day cruise and snorkel on the spectacular Southern Great Barrier Reef surrounded by coral, fish and diverse marine life.
- Sit back and enjoy an ice cold beer and one of Rocky’s famous steaks in one of the city’s grand old pubs and heritage precincts.
- For a natural encounter of a different kind visit a crocodile farm. Get your photo taken holding a baby croc and tuck into unique dishes like a delicious crocodile pie
- Love gemstones? Browse the shops at Rubyvale, Sapphire and Anakie or go fossicking for your own at Willows Gemfields.
- Head inland to Lake Maraboon and throw a line in – this lake is home to some of Australia’s great catches like Murray Cod, Yellowbelly and Barramundi.