Take your pick of 13 white-sand beaches on Queensland’s Capricorn Coast, stretching from Yeppoon to Emu Park, or explore the inland sanctuary of the Byfield National Park, just outside Rockhampton.
- Hop aboard a camel safari in Yeppoon with views of the islands of the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
- Explore Lammermoor, Kinka, Mulambin and Kemp beaches, Cooee Bay and the Causeway Lake and enjoy rolling sand dunes and rainforest-edged creeks.
- Take a day-trip to Great Keppel Island for snorkelling, hiking and sea kayaking.
Explore and conquer
- Buy local mangoes, pineapples and lychees at the seaside markets in Emu Park and pay respect to explorer Captain Cook at the ‘singing ship’ sculpture.
- Go four-wheel-driving through Byfield National Park and unleash your inner twitcher at Sandy Point – a breeding point for migratory shorebirds.