If you love a sporting challenge than Queensland is the place for you. Take part in one of Queensland’s premier marathon, triathlon or ocean swim events.
- Head north to The Cairns Airport Adventure Festival in Tropical North Queensland and take part in the IRONMAN where a scenic coastal road abound by two World Heritage-listed natural wonders - the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree National Park - awaits.
- Further south, The Gold Coast Airport Marathon provides long distance runners with another opportunity to test their endurance, while enjoying the energetic vibe of the Gold Coast.
- If triathlons are more your style, check out the Noosa and Mooloolaba Triathlons. Both have become first class international sporting and entertainment events and offer a mix of fitness and fun while being surrounded by the Sunshine Coast’s most popular beachside towns.
- Ocean swims, like Heron Island’s Great Barrier Reef Swim and the Palmy Classic in Palm Cove, offer some of the best water you’ll ever submerge yourself in.
- Play a round of golf at one of the championship courses around Queensland.
Feeling pumped to compete but not quite physically ready? Queensland is the ideal training ground for marathons, triathlons and ocean swims with the warm climate, huge array of walking tracks and an entire coastline of pristine beaches available to use for your training regime.