Prepare your lures for some of Australia’s best freshwater fishing
set amongst the Boyne Valley’s rich farming land, one hour’s drive from Gladstone
. Fringing the mighty Boyne River, the region includes the townships of Nagoorin, Ubobo
, Builyan and Many Peaks.
- Adventure through Kroombit Tops National Park on horseback or by four wheel drive to the WWII crash site of the US Liberator Bomber 'Beautiful Betsy'.
- Explore the Many Peaks Railway Dam and tunnels once used to service the old copper mine.
Nature at play
- Hire a fishing boat on Lake Awoonga and admire the eucalypt woodland of Castle Tower National Park as your backdrop.
- Listen to soulful live jazz in the mountains near Ubobo and smell freshly-cut timber from the Builyan sawmill.
- Reel in mangrove jack and huge barramundi from the banks of the Boyne River.