Explore Maryborough’s rich history and heritage through classic 1800s Queensland architecture, art galleries and museums, all just 220 kilometres north of Brisbane.
Once upon a time
- Take a stroll 150 years back in time through Maryborough’s original port district, scare yourself silly on a ghost tour or visit museums and riverside parks.
- Snap a picture with everyone’s favourite nanny, Mary Poppins, at the statue paying tribute to the author’s birthplace or time your visit with the annual Mary Poppins Festival.
- Clasp your ears for the firing of the Time Cannon, marking the days before there was a town clock.
- Sample delicious homemade ice-cream and fudge at the local milk parlour and enjoy a hearty meal at the Portside precinct.
- Absorb the lively atmosphere at weekly outdoor markets and ‘Sundays in the Park’ with live bands, steam-train rides and local produce.