Bordered on each side by the Great Dividing Range, the Lockyer Valley is a sprawling patchwork of cattle paddocks, vegetables and grains. This is Australia’s largest food bowl – all only one hour from Brisbane City
- Visit one of the regions road side stalls and pick up fresh local produce direct from the farm gate.
- Visit the Laidley butchery for what’s said to be the country’s best bacon.
- Browse the local markets for homemade goodies like jam and chutney.
Feast for the (other) senses
- Discover regional talent at a local art exhibition, or stretch your legs on a leisurely walk along lakeside pathways or bush walking trails.
- Take to the sky with hot air ballooning or skydiving, or sit ringside at Gatton’s impressive indoor equestrian facility.
- Retire for the night at one of many boutique bed and breakfasts and soak up the country atmosphere.