Aramac War Memorial is one of only two intact soldier statue memorials still standing in their original street intersections settings in Queensland. Dominating the main intersection in the small central Queensland township, this memorial was unveiled by shire chairman EW Bowyer on 12 April 1924.
The granite and Ulam marble memorial is surrounded by sandstone kerbing and corner posts, and a second enclosure of granite corner posts linked by double metal rails; a metal flagstaff is located at the south-west corner of the enclosure.
A local committee of mostly young women raised the funds through donations and a variety of local social events. A roll of honour bears the names of 132 local men who served in WWI. Of those, 15 died and 11 were wounded.