The sleepy town of Bowen is the best-kept secret on the Whitsunday Coast, with palm-fringed beaches, secluded coastal bays and plenty of play equipment for the kids.
- Besides strolling the beaches and swimming the lagoon, learning how to eat a juicy Bowen mango is a must.
- Visit the foreshore waterpark and check out the display depicting how the town was transformed during the filming of the movie Australia.
- Grab a traditional Aussie meat pie at Joachim’s Pies.
A hop, skip and jump, from the buzz of Airlie Beach, lies the charming country township of Collinsville.
- Visit the Coalface Museum and learn all about this traditional mining town.
- Swing a golf club at the driest golf course in Australia.
- Lose track of time with a fishing rod in one hand and a cold drink in the other.