In contrast to the sandy beaches of Bundaberg
, North Burnett is a picture of mountain ranges, cattle farmland and citrus orchards peppered along Australia’s Country Way
Drive the Burnett Circle
- Take a scenic drive through country villages, including Mundubbera, dotted with mango, avocado and lychee trees.
- Get schooled on bush culture in Eidsvold or fish and water-ski in Paradise Dam near Biggenden.
- Follow heritage trails to discover antique collections, including farm equipment in Gayndah – the oldest town in Australia.
- Hike the sandstone wilderness trails of Burrum Coast, Mount Walsh or Auburn River National Parks in search of aboriginal art.
- Marvel at Cania and Sharon Gorges or walk up the crater-face to Coalstoun Lakes for bird watching.
- Join a 4WD tag-along-tour to a World War II plane crash site in Monto or explore the 192-metre exposed tunnel at Mt Perry, once used for copper mining.