Fish, fossick, and toast rich, red sunsets across the flat grasslands and coastal landscapes of the Gulf Savannah and Outback.
Crocs, crabs and Cobbold Gorge
- Discover Kurumba onboard a sunset croc and crab tour.
- Silently creep through the sandstone escarpments of Cobbold Gorge on a solar-powered boat.
- Watch the sky transform into a rolling, cigar-shaped cloud formation during the annual Morning Glory and bird migration in September.
Walk this way
- Go back to the gold mining days in Croydon and visit explorers’ Burke and Wills Camp in Normanton.
- Walk into the world’s longest volcanic lava tubes formed 190,000 years ago at Undara National Park, and overnight in a restored railway carriage.
- Hop on the Savannahlander or Gulflander trains or join a guided four-wheel-drive or luxury coach tour to a secluded fishing hole in search of barramundi.