Once a thriving gold-mining region, the country heart of Gympie and the sandy stretch of Cooloola Coast is home to coloured dunes and plenty of boot skootin’ fun.
- Don your Akubra at Gympie’s annual country music muster.
- Try your luck fossicking for gems or panning gold in the Mary River or go wakeboarding on Lake Borumba.
- Get in touch with your artistic side in Kin Kin and book into a health retreat.
The Nature Coast
- Join a 4WD tour along the sandy Cooloola coastline to Rainbow Beach to witness the Carlo Sandblow and Australia’s longest wave or admire the coloured sands on horseback.
- Challenge your body and mind on the 102-kilometre Cooloola Great Walk or paraglide with views to Fraser Island.
- Start your day hand-feeding gentle humpback dolphins at Tin Can Bay.