Brisbane's sunny lifestyle shines throughout the city. To get entrenched in this way of life, do as the locals do; follow the energy as it flows through the green leafy parks, urban precincts, along the winding river, and through the streets and laneways of the city.
- Join a river cruise or kayak your way around the bends of the river before dining riverside, where the alfresco cafes team up nicely with the weather to provide a laidback atmosphere.
- Be delighted by Brisbane's burgeoning food scene with fresh produce from regional producers, truly delectable dining experiences, and award winning bars and night clubs.
- Get to know the personality of Brisbane's urban villages, which each have a distinct vibe. Fortitude Valley is the entertainment hub; New Farm has its café culture and Paddington is known for its boutique shopping in converted Queenslander style homes.
- Shop till you drop on Queen Street Mall - the central hub for shopping in the city, or head over to James Street, where pint-sized boutiques artistically curate local and international fashion designers.
- Visit a riverside park like the City Botanic Gardens, New Farm Park or South Bank Parklands.
- Pedestrian bridges connect the city to South Bank. This inner-city haven is home to the Cultural Centre, Streets Beach Lagoon, and a variety of dining options at River Quay, Little Stanley and Grey Streets.
- Drive up to Mt Cootha Lookout to see the expanse of the city and out to Moreton Bay.
Outdoors, indoors, day or night, Brisbanites love their city and we’re all convinced you will too.