Feel the pulse of Brisbane’s cultural heart as you wind your way through the river city, stopping at the Queensland Cultural Centre in South Bank
. Here you’ll find internationally renowned exhibitions at the Gallery of Modern Art and Queensland Art Gallery, performances at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre and the family favourite Queensland Museum and Sciencentre. And while you can easily spend days in South Bank, you can get your culture-fix all over Brisbane.
- Find an alternative vibe with the Judith Wright Centre for Contemporary Arts and independent art galleries like Artisan, Jan Murphy and Jugglers Art Space in Fortitude Valley. Also of note is the Metro Arts Centre on Edward Street.
- Enjoy New Farm’s Brisbane Powerhouse with its year-round program of free and ticketed comedy, live music and performance events.
- Get to know Brisbane City history by exploring heritage buildings like City Hall in King George Square, Newstead House, and Old Government House.
- For the shopper within, don’t pass up an afternoon spent in the 700+ stores on Queen Street Mall. Amongst the international brands, glossy store fronts and department stores you’ll also find free events, eateries and bars to keep you entertained.
- Soak up Brisbane's world-class event calendar, which has everything from international sport clashes, exclusive blockbuster exhibitions, and sold-out music festivals.
With all of this and more on offer, you are guaranteed to find your cultural soul in Brisbane.