With gracious heritage buildings lining the streets, and set amongst 500 hectares of parkland, Ipswich is proudly Queensland’s oldest provincial city. And it’s only a hop-skip-and-a-jump from Brisbane.
Great from every angle
• Start your day on a high with a peaceful hot air balloon flight over the Scenic Rim
• Jump behind the wheel of a powerful V8 Supercar or visit the Rail Museum showcasing locomotive steam trains from the early 1800’s.
Hidden foodie secrets
• For a no-fuss meal, head to one of the many parks and stretch out on a picnic blanket.
• There’s no need to cook at the ‘Top of Town’ – two blocks of character-filled cafes, coffee nooks, eclectic boutiques, hotels and tapas bars guaranteed to suit everyone’s taste buds.
• Work off the calories by hiking the many circuits, trails and boardwalks or opt to explore on mountain bike or horseback.