From deep sea fishing to inland dams, creeks and river systems, Tropical North Queensland offers avid anglers the ultimate fishing adventure. Whether you’re headed to the East Coast or to the Gulf of Carpentaria, you’ll be hooked on all of the fishing action Tropical North Queensland has to offer.
Here’s a few local hot spots:
- Now a Net Free Fishing Zone, Trinity Bay is teeming with a variety of fish species like golden snapper, grunter, mangrove jack and flathead.
- Try casting a line off the Sugar Wharf Terminal in Port Douglas or hire a boat and fish the Chinaman Creek in Cairns.
- Get the ultimate island fishing adventure in the Torres Strait where you can bag big reef fish and game species like mackerel and giant trevally.
- Visit the tip of Australia in Cape York and experience untamed wilderness and incredible off shore fishing goldmines.
- Fish in the Gulf of Carpentaria or put your angling skills to the ultimate test at a local fishing competition in Karumba.