The islands off the coast of Tropical North Queensland are THE best spots to pop on your mask and snorkel and explore the Great Barrier Reef
Great Barrier Reef Islands to visit
- Sail around the jewels of Low Isles or get there fast on a jet boat adventure from Port Douglas.
- Take a day trip to Green Island to snorkel, dive and enjoy a glass-bottom boat tour, or visit the turtle rehabilitation centre on Fitzroy Island, departing Cairns.
- Swim in Queensland’s most northern blue lagoon on Lizard Island and dive nearby Cod Hole and the Ribbon Reefs.
- Live like royalty when you rent the whole place to yourself at Haggerstone Island.
- Book an indulgent escape to Bedarra Island off Mission Beach, or board a water-taxi for an island camping adventure on Dunk Island.
- Take a scenic helicopter flight to Vlassof Cay.