Far West Diamantina Channel Country is the final frontier of Outback Queensland – a vast landscape of gibber flats, waterholes and roaming brolgas, that attracts thousands of adventurers every year.
Outback bucket list
- Explore the Simpson Desert by 4WD and stand on top of the world at Big Red sand dune with a glass of bubbles at sunset.
- Meet the locals at the famous Birdsville Hotel and camp under an aircraft wing after backing a winner at the iconic Birdsville Races.
- Stand on Cameron’s Corner where Queensland meets the New South Wales and South Australian borders.
- Spot pelicans at the largest breeding area in Australia at Lake Machattie and set the GPS for Bedourie to watch camels race.
- Roll out a swag in Diamantina National Park and keep your eyes out for the mysterious Boulia Min Min lights.