Cairns & Great Barrier Reef, in Tropical North Queensland fits in more untouched beauty, ancient culture and adventure within its borders than some entire countries manage to do, with the World Heritage List double-act of the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest its most prized stars.
World Heritage Listed. Life changing.
Cairns & the Great Barrier Reef is total bucket list material.
- Snorkel, dive or join a live-aboard to and share the water with curious minke whales and sea turtles.
- Zipline through the ancient beauty of the Daintree Rainforest and meet the local tree kangaroos or elusive cassowary.
- Tackle world-class mountain bike trails weaving through World Heritage Listed rainforest.
- Kayak, walk or gallop your way along Cape Tribulation beach – where you may not see another soul.
Thousands of years in the making
If you’re seeking a real connection to the land, you’ll find it in the stories, the smiles and the history of the Indigenous Australians who share their culture with you.
- Stand in the world’s oldest open-air gallery at an Indigenous rock art site.
- Learn traditional painting and hunting skills.
- Experience a spa treatment in a sacred rainforest cultural site.
Launchpad to (even more) paradise
While Cairns, Palm Cove and Port Douglas are the main ports of call, your holiday here among the palm trees is just the beginning.
- Discover the real meaning of untouched in the Torres Strait Islands.
- Taste the tropics on a road trip through the Atherton Tablelands, sampling locally-made coffee, cheese, chocolate, liqueur and more.
- Become an outback adventurer on the Savannah Way and take the great 4WD pilgrimage to Cape York.