Just one hour’s drive from Brisbane, three gigantic lakes await watersport enthusiasts – Lake Wivenhoe, Lake Somerset and Atkinson Dam.
Hit the water
- This recreational playground of calm, flat water is typically enjoyed by wakeboarders, jet skiers and anything that floats!
- Capture the perfect Facebook profile picture while learning to water-ski, kayak or stand-up paddle.
- Pack a fishing rod and try your luck at reeling in a Bass.
In the saddle
- experience the region’s lakes and dams up close (and nice and dry) from a different angle: on horseback.
- The Lakes Region also caters for those just wishing to just watch the action, with picnic spots galore.
- Try one of the region's award-winning wines with a packed picnic lunch.