Come up and play and discover our spectacular national parks, cool climate vineyards, rich history, colourful characters and a fascinating and diverse cultural heritage.
Set deep in the heart of Australian Heritage, Tenterfield is surrounded by bushland and is the gateway to both the New England and Northern Rivers regions. Enjoying mild alpine summers, blazing red autumns with stunning-tree lined streets, sunny winter days followed by crisp winter nights and bright wildflower springs, you’ll find there’s always something inspirational going on in Tenterfield.
Tenterfield is the major centre of the region, and is surrounded by the villages of Drake, Jennings, Legume, Liston, Torrington, Mingoola and Urbenville – each with their own unique characteristics.
The district is home to amazing national parks, beautiful rivers, waterfalls and creeks, as well as historical sights, attractions and museums, wineries, delicious food and great shopping.
Top 10 Things to Do:
1. Climb Bald Rock, the largest exposed granite monolith in Australia, and be rewarded with 360° views over the surrounding bushland.
2. Experience the 4 seasons - discover the spectacular autumn colours as you wander around town and enjoy crisp winter nights as you warm yourself in front of a roaring log fire.
3. Mix with the locals at one of the many great events Tenterfield & District has on offer.
4. Wander through town and Uncover Tenterfield’s Rich Heritage at the preserved Railway Station, School of Arts and Centenary Cottage.
5. Get Back to Nature and go camping, hiking, swimming or fishing while you discover.
6. Jump on your bike and Ride the Great Divide - through granite countryside and national parks.
7. Savour the grapes as you tour local wineries and indulge in popular varieties and delightful alternatives.
8. Enjoy the greens and tee off at one of the finest country courses in Australia.
9. Explore Granite Country and marvel at the formations of the Doctors Nose, Small Bald Rock and Draining Rock on the Mt Mackenzie Scenic Drive.
10. Pack a picnic and enjoy a spectacular New England High Country Sunset from any of the wonderful vantage points around the region.
Note: Information on listed products and services are provided by the operator and were correct at the time of publishing. Rates are indicative based on the minimum and maximum available prices of products and services. Please visit the operator’s website for further information. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars (AUD).