If all you can think about is draining 20 footers, eagles (and we don’t mean the feathered kind) and bunkers, then it’s time to grab your clubs and hit the fairways of Queensland. With world-class golf courses and leading tournaments located in some of Queensland’s most unique destinations, Queensland is the perfect place to chase birdies.
- Tee off on The Whitsundays Dent Island, which is the only island-based championship golf course in Australia.
- You’ll be spoilt for choice at the Gold Coast, with three world class courses on offer. One being home to the Volvik RACV Ladies Masters and Australian PGA Championship.
- The Sunshine Coast has a number of courses to choose from, including the course at Pelican Waters, designed by Greg Norman .
- The golf courses of Port Douglas, Cairns and Palm Cove offer perfect proximity to Tropical North Queensland’s reef and rainforest.
- For a truly unique golfing experience head to Bedourie in the Outback. You’ll find a desert nine hole course with plenty of sand traps and permanent waterholes to delight.
Queensland golf courses are on par with the world’s best. Don’t just take our word for it - Adam Scott, Karrie Webb, Jason Day, Greg Norman are Queensland home-grown champions who grew up on our greens.