Queensland is home to some of the most stunning islands in the world, and each one invites you to come and share in its sumptuous delights.
- Pack your boots and head off on a bushwalking adventure on the World Heritage listed Hinchinbrook Island near Townsville North Queensland or head south and hike through rare island rainforest on Fraser Island.
- Looking for a family friendly getaway? Try renting one of the many holiday homes on North Stradbroke Island or set up camp on South Stradbroke Island just off the Gold Coast – whether north or south, both are perfect for boating, surfing, kayaking and fishing! After something a little more fast paced? Sand tobogganing down 90m sand dunes on Moreton Island should do the trick.
- Succumb to the irresistible pull of Magnetic Island, near Townsville, or enjoy the romantic seclusion offered Keswick Island off the coast of Mackay.
- Looking for a unique tropical island day trip? Dunk Island just off the coast of Mission Beach promises pristine beaches, an abundance of wildlife species, unique rainforest walking tracks and plenty of snorkelling.
- With 74 tropical islands to discover, The Whitsundays will leave you in awe from every angle. Camp like a castaway or lap up the luxury, settle in to an island pace that suits you.
- Experience world class snorkelling amongst island jewels like Lady Elliot, Lady Musgrave, Heron, Wilson and Great Keppel Islands along the Southern Great Barrier Reef – you may even spot little turtle hatchlings early in the year.