Sitting pretty on the tropical Coast between Cairns and Townsville, Mission Beach is all secluded beaches, soft adventure and juicy, juicy mangoes.
Reef and relaxation
- Dive the Beaver Cay Marine Sanctuary, kayak to nearby Dunk Island and set up camp overnight or fly along the wet sand of Mission Beach in a blo-kart.
- Do barefoot luxury right in one of seven exclusive villas on Bedarra Island or at a beachfront resort or holiday house.
On air, land and sea
- If you’re up for the challenge of big game fishing for marlin, tuna and barracuda, head to Clump Point jetty and board a fishing charter.
- Throw yourself from a plane skydiving or down white-water rapids on the Tully River.
- Hike or mountain bike the Misty Mountains trails once used by the Jirrbal and Mamu people. Keep watch for the elusive southern cassowary.