Need to know how to get to the Gold Coast and the best way to get around. Here are our travel tips!
Gold Coast or Coolangatta Airport – International & Domestic terminals
- The Gold Coast Airport is located at the south end of the Gold Coast and located approximately 20kms from Surfers Paradise. There are a number of ways to get to where you need to go.
- Gold Coast Tourist Shuttle provides a door to door service from the airport to your accommodation.
- The public bus travels from the Airport to Coolangatta in the south all the way to Southport in the north with frequent stops.
- Catch a Taxi
- Organise a group & private transfer
- Hire a rental car
- If Brisbane is your final destination, a shuttle service can take you to Varsity Lakes Train Station where a train can take you to Brisbane City or a coach service runs directly from the Gold Coast Airport to Roma Street Bus Terminal in Brisbane.
Once you’re on the Gold Coast, there are a few ways to get around.
The G:Link light rail
runs from Broadbeach
to Southport with stops at most attractions along the way, including Surfers Paradise, Main Beach & Broadwater.
Trains & Buses
Gold Coast’s buses, trams and trains to Brisbane are run through Translink
. Tickets and journeys can be explored further at their website.
Walkways and Bikeways
Gold Coast boosts plenty of walkways and bikeways whether it’s your mode of transport or a way to see the sights.
- Adjacent to the beach you’ll find a bikeway running from Burleigh Heads in the south to The Spit in the north. Hire a bike and start exploring.
- Let your feet soak into the sand on the best walkway the Gold Coast has to offer – the beach. Stretching the entire length of the Gold Coast, there’s 70 kilometres of beach to be discovered.
On the water
Explore the Gold Coast beaches, canals & surrounding islands by boat or Jetski through a range of hiring options to suit your needs. Search below for more details.
Fancy a trip inland to the Gold Coast Hinterland, hiring a car would be the best option, alternatively, there are day trips that can be organised by your hotel.