Beyond the cane fields of Bundaberg lies a string of sparsely populated and patrolled beaches, including Bargara and Elliott Heads, providing the ultimate laid-back escape.
- Huddle close and witness loggerhead turtles heave themselves up the sand to lay their eggs year after year on the same stretch of beach at Mon Repos Regional Park, and join a guided ranger tour.
- Swim alongside turtles and dugongs at Woodgate beach.
- Hide away in a water’s-edge cabin overlooking the river mouth and sea at Elliott Heads and spend your days spotting dolphins or fishing.
Stroll. Paddle. Drive.
- Paddle the Kolan River bordered by Moore Park Beach and 4WD along the sand, stopping to catch rolling beginner waves.
- Have a peek inside the historic lighthouse at Burnett Heads or stroll the main street of Bargara for homewares and alfresco dining.