Set within rolling farmland and sugar cane plantations, Bundaberg lies four-hours’ drive north of Brisbane. Nestled beside the Burnett River, with the Southern Great Barrier Reef
on its doorstep, it’s an easy access point to coral reefs, secluded beaches and an important turtle
History & nature
- Watch Mother Nature perform along the beach at Mon Repos Regional Park, where loggerhead turtles come to nest and hatch their young every year between November and March.
- Pretend to fly like Bert Hinkler at the aviation museum and enjoy a picnic in the botanical gardens.
- Cast a line into Lake Monduran, north of Gin Gin, and camp under the stars.
- Taste your way around the local ginger beer factory and rum distillery and finish with fresh seafood overlooking the marina.
- Indulge in gourmet macadamia butterscotch ice-cream, dine from menus loaded with local produce and browse the historic shop fronts.