Sometimes you just want to get away from it all: the city, the stress, the inbox. Take time out to embrace country life
at a peaceful hinterland farm stay or delve into the rugged Outback lifestyle at a working cattle or sheep farm.
In Queensland, the choice is yours. Experience life on a farm and reconnect with the simple things.
- Swap your kids’ iPads and screens for chicken feed and fresh air. A farm stay is a perfect family holiday to reconnect with the land and each other.
- Within an hour’s drive from Brisbane you can escape the hustle bustle and relax into a farm stay cottage in Lockyer Valley, Somerset or the Scenic Rim.
- Head to the Hinterland behind the Sunshine Coast for working dairy farms set amongst a lush green rolling hills.
- For the real deal experience, head west to Outback Queensland where you can join a horseback cattle run, sing by the camp fire, sleep under the stars or sit on the Outback Station porch surveying the red landscape for miles.
- A Southern Queensland Country holiday is a fully-fledged immersion into country life. Along with farm stays and cottages, the region is chock a block full of farm to table activities like apple picking, wine and cheese tasting and hiking.
Just want to go a little bit country? There are horse riding day tours and half day farm tours to do. Start searching below!