Welcome to Queensland where 300 warm and sunny days a year are the norm... pair that with over 6,000 kilometres of coastal shoreline and you'll understand why Queenslanders are always so happy.
While you’re here why don’t you…
Meet the wildlife
- Cuddle up to some of our cuddly creatures – koalas, kangaroos, wombats and bilbys- on a tour through their native habitat or at one of the many sanctuaries around the state.
- Wave hello to the migrating humpback whales in Hervey Bay from June through to October.
- Watch the circle of life happen right in front of you during turtle season at Mon Repos from October through February.
Go on an Adventure
- Dive or snorkel the Great Barrier Reef – it’s closer (and more amazing) than you think!
- Hang ten on one of the legendary surf breaks on the Gold Coast or learn to surf at a family friendly beach on the Sunshine Coast.
- Venture west to see big red, Birdsville or attend one of the weird and wonderful Outback events like the Yabby Races in Windorah or Boulia Camel Races.
- Throw on your hiking gear and trek through a tropical rainforest or chase a waterfall or two.
- Sail The Whitsundays for a once-in-a-lifetime waterfront experience.
Get your Cultural Fix
- Eat your way from Southern Queensland Country up to the Atherton Tablelands where the paddock to plate movement is in full swing.
- Cruise your way along the South Bank cultural precinct in Brisbane, where you’ll find the Queensland Performing Arts Centre and the Gallery of Modern Art to name a few.
- Get tickets to one of the premier Queensland events like the Noosa Food and Wine Festival or the Woodford Folk Festival.