Volunteering is a great way to get involved and give back to the local community. Whether you’re an experienced volunteer or someone who’s just starting out, put both your hands up, get on the voluntourism
bandwagon and help out on your next break in Queensland:
- Be a part of the world heritage-listed wilderness and national parks ongoing clean-up and maintenance as a conservation volunteer on Fraser Island, the Daintree or Cape York.
- Protect endangered sea turtles, monitor the underwater environments of dugongs and minke whales and catalogue koala and dingo populations.
- Clean up the reef in the Whitsundays and Mackay with Eco Barge Clean Seas
- Head west to Winton to dig dinosaurs and uncover the next brontosaurus at the Australian Age of Dinosaurs
- Get a feel for the country life, volunteer on a farm or be a part of the bush heritage project
- Like working with animals? Volunteer at one of Queensland’s zoos with programs including Australia Zoo, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and the Cairns Tropical Zoo to name a few
- Volunteer your way on to a guest list at an event or festival
Here's a few options to get volunteering on your next Queensland break.