Nature lovers have plenty to experience in the Townsville
region, spoilt for choice with bushlands, rainforest, wetlands and waterfalls, not to mention the amazing wildlife.
- Explore the White Blow Conservation Park near Ravenswood and its 300 million year old quartz outcrop
- Discover Hinchinbrook and the Tyto Wetlands and Girringun National Park
- Visit Magnetic Island also has a vast National Park with over 25kms of walking tracks that take in everything from bays to bush and don’t forget to see Australia’s largest natural koala colony
- Take-in the largest single drop waterfall in Australia – 268m wall of water – at Wallaman Falls
- Keep an eye out for some of the over 400 different bird species in the region