Whether you're planning a short trip or a long holiday, Outback Queensland is an adventure waiting to happen.
- Discover the natural beauty of Channel Country with its sandy dunes and bushwalking tracks.
- Fossick for boulder opals in Quilpie or grab a curried camel pie at Birdsville - even if you're not there for the famous races.
- Journey to the heart of the Outback, the Central West for its rich culture, history and amazing landscapes such as the mazes of Isla Gorge National Park or the core of a prehistoric volcano at Mount Scoria in the Banana Shire.
- Learn about Waltzing Matilda in Winton where the song was originally performed.
- Head North West and see ancient marine creatures in Richmond or explore historical mining towns like Mt. Isa.
- Venture to the Gulf Savannah where the Outback meets the sea at Karumba.
- Travel to the Far West and admire the rolling red dunes of the big red.
No matter where your journey takes you, it's sure to be legendary. Just be sure to check your route before you leave as you may need a four-wheel drive.