A visit to Capricorn’s National Parks promises views of towering escarpments and gorges, ancient rainforests and crystal clear waterfalls
- The famous Carnarvon Gorge in Carnarvon National Park offers great geological appeal, rare and ancient indigenous rock art and delightful walking tracks.
- Blackdown Tableland National Park boasts immense sandstone gorges and sweeping views of the endless plains around the park, a definite sight to behold.
- Seek and you shall find the rare Byfield Fern, exclusively in the lush forests of Byfield National Park and the surrounding nature reserves.
- For some stunning panoramic views of the surrounding countryside, Mount Boorambool or cliff fringed Mount Zamia at Minerva Hills National Park are your go to hot spots.
- If city views are more your style, Mount Archer National Park provides spectacular views of Rockhampton city. You may also find some feathery friends in the form of the stunning glossy black cockatoos.
- Did you know? Nuga Nuga National Park is adjacent to the largest natural body of water within the Central Queensland Sandstone Belt (Lake Nuga Nuga).