Whether you're into music, yoga, surfing, flowers, eating, movies or even pumpkin rolling, you'll find a concert, performance or festival in Queensland that celebrates it.
With international musicians and artists frequently touring Queensland, you'll be able to see one of your favourites at a music festival, and in Queensland we do music festivals a little differently. One of the most iconic is the Birdsville Big Red Bash which is set in Outback Queensland and uses a large red sand dune as its backdrop. Other music festivals you'll love are:
- CMC Rocks QLD; the home of country music in Ipswich.
- BIGSOUND, where you can discover the next Australian music superstar in Brisbane.
- Caloundra Music Festival, hosted on the Sunshine Coast.
- Blues on Broadbeach, a chance to be nostalgic and twist your hips.
- Agnes Blues, Roots and Rock Festival, where you celebrate music in the Southern Great Barrier Reef region.
- Gympie Music Muster; camp under the stars and watch performances from a line-up of Aussie talent.
- Broadbeach Country Music Festival, hosted on the Gold Coast.
Our lifestyle festivals range from family-friendly events to retreat-like festivals to treat your soul. Take your pick from:
- Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers, where they celebrate Spring in true Queensland fashion.
- Woodford Folk Festival; see in the New Year with a huge bon fire, arts, crafts and music.
- Ekka: Royal Queensland Show; when the country comes to the city to showcase farm life, food and produce.
- Wanderlust; an opportunity to cultivate your best self and revive your mind, health and spirit.
- Noosa Festival of Surfing, see dogs hang ten and celebrate surf lifestyle.
Head to Outback Queensland for quirky events that celebrate the beauty of the region, the people, lifestyle and classic outback hospitality:
- Birdsville Big Red Bash; the world's most remote music festival.
- Winton Splendid Film Festival; celebrate the film industry with open air cinemas, tours and meet the stars behind the scenes.
- Mount Isa Mines Rotary Rodeo; adrenalin pumping non-stop rodeo action, street celebrations and music.
- Birdsville Races; the Melbourne Cup of the Outback.
- Winton Way Out West Festival; a four-day music and cultural experience.
- Julia Creek Dirt n Dust Festival, where you can participate in an intense triathlon or have a go at bog snorkelling.
Queensland is home to both Indigenous cultures of Australia; Aboriginal and Torres Strait. Get beneath the surface of both cultures at a festival. Experience traditional dancing, singing, art and crafts at one of these cultural festivals:
- Cairns Indigenous Art Fair; see Indigenous artwork, fashion and dancing on show.
- Laura Aboriginal Dance Festival, where Indigenous family groups meet to pass down cultural knowledge and dancing to the next generation.
- Winds of Zenadth Festival; a celebration of Torres Strait Islander culture, heritage and history.
- Quandamooka Festival; where you can participate in weaving workshops and cultural tours.
Looking for something a little quirky? Try your hand at:
- Pumpkin rolling at the Goomeri Pumpkin Festival where they celebrate all things pumpkin.
- Have a spoon full of sugar and watch the Great Nanny Challenge at the Mary Poppins Festival in Maryborough.
- Bring your merry men to the Abbey Medieval Festival in the Moreton Bay region.
- Get rugged up in Warwick at the Jumpers and Jazz Festival.