Disconnect from the rush of everyday life and soak up kilometres of family-friendly beaches from Caloundra to Kawana on the southern end of the Sunshine Coast.
- Let the kids loose in the fountain play-area at Kings Beach and watch a surf carnival at Dicky Beach.
- Stroll or cycle the Caloundra Coastal walk, stretching from Golden Beach to Currimundi Lake, stopping off at waterfront cafes along the way.
- Make a day of it at Australia Zoo, Aussie World or the Big Kart Track.
Get active in nature
- Catch a wave at Moffat Beach or play a round at the Greg Norman-designed golf course at Pelican Waters.
- Cruise the Pumicestone Passage in the shadow of the Glass House Mountains, home to more than 300 species of birds.
- Hit the surf at Kawana or pack a picnic and watch the yachts sail in at Point Cartwright.