Swap the hustle of the city for lush green hills, award-winning wineries, farm stays, glamping and roaring fireplaces in friendly country villages – all just 90 minutes from Brisbane in Southern Queensland Country.
There’s only one thing you need to do here and that’s breathe in the fresh country air and take in the wide, open spaces. The rest is taken care of.
- Experience a year-round festival calendar, with events celebrating the humble pumpkin in Goomeri right through to jazz music in Warwick and Toowoomba’s Carnival of Flowers.
- Get a history lesson in the heritage buildings and woolsheds that give nod to Australia’s pioneering past.
Savour food, wine and fresh produce
Connect with the farmers and producers behind the outstanding local produce as they open their kitchens and cellar doors to you.
- Pick your own apples or berries in Stanthorpe or just sample the hearty home-cooked dishes on offer in cosy cafes.
- Soak up the atmosphere beside the fire in an authentic Australian pub with a glass of local wine from the Granite Belt or South Burnett in hand.
The scenic route
After a good dose of country air and pioneer history in Toowoomba, there’s no better place for a leisurely road trip, venturing out to explore the rest of this environmentally-blessed region.
- Visit the rodeo capital of Warwick, fish for perch or join in the action of a country race meet in Western Country.
- Bushwalking, birdwatching and waterfall chasing are the pastimes du jour – whether among the giant boulders of Girraween National Park or the beautiful Bunya Mountains.