Blessed with sunny days and plenty of action, Brisbane is one of the fastest growing capital cities in the world but its uncomplicated, laidback and fun-loving.
We love the great outdoors
If you’re sitting inside, you’re doing it wrong. Brisbane’s year-round subtropical setting is best enjoyed with the grass beneath your feet and the sun on your back.
Brisbane comes alive each day as the subtropical setting calls people from their beds year round to wake up and smell the coffee, soak up the sunshine and drink in the view of the winding Brisbane River.
- Cycle up the Brisbane River, then catch the CityCat back down
- Walk through the City Botanic Gardens and dine alfresco along Eagle Street Pier.
- Climb the Story Bridge and abseil down the side, James Bond style.
- Run the 107 steps at the Kangaroo Point Cliffs… or just have a barbecue overlooking the city as the sun goes down.
High-culture, no pretention
Experience the festival buzz of South Bank, with markets, bars, restaurants, live performances and Australia’s only inner-city beach providing the ultimate free playground.
- Watch Broadway shows and explore the museums and art galleries of the Cultural Precinct.
- Wander Gallery of Modern Art, Queensland Art Gallery or Queensland Museum. Check the calendar of events for current exhibitions.
- Discover independant dance, theatre and comedy in Fortitude Valley’s eclectic performance spaces.
- Shop in boutique-filled inner-city boroughs – each with their own special personality.
Get outta town
There are plenty of decidedly un-city places to explore within a short drive of Brisbane.
- Hand-feed wild dolphins on Moreton Island or camp on the beachfront at North Stradbroke Island.
- Swim, surf, snorkel, sand board or four-wheel drive on one Moreton Bay’s Islands
- Indulge in local wine at a family-run vineyard.
- Hike through national parks and get high in the mountains of the Scenic Rim.