Fresh juicy mangos, seafood straight off the trawler, roasted macadamia nuts, and home-made goodies fresh from the oven are just some of the mouth-watering temptations waiting for you in tasty Queensland! And if you like a good drop to pair with your fare enjoy a bottle from a boutique Queensland vineyard, which are fast developing a reputation as the ones to watch.
Food for Thought
- Set the alarm early and indulge in gourmet goodies found at local farmers markets, on the Sunshine Coast.
- Tantalise your tastebuds at award-winning and hatted fine dining restaurants in Brisbane
- Keep an eye out for road-side stalls around Bundaberg, offering freshly picked goodies straight from the farm if you’re driving in the countryside.
- Sample bush tucker and traditional indigenous foods in Tropical North Queensland.
- Go casual with fish and chips on the beach at the Fraser Coast and in The Whitsundays or chew with a view on the Gold Coast.
- Take a class and learn the secrets of a perfect curry, try out cheese making, or master the tricks of a chocolate soufflé at a cooking class.
- Pile your plate high with prawns, oysters, mud crab, scallops or Moreton Bay Bugs to enjoy the abundance quality, local Queensland seafood all year round.
- Please your palette with a sharp, crisp chardonnay or warm oaky red, from a winery nestled in the rolling hills of Southern Queensland Country.
- Discovery diversity in the Sunshine Coast hinterland and Brisbane countryside.
- Add flavour to your holiday by following the Strangebird Wine Trail in the Granite Belt.
- Sample the fruit wines of Tropical North Queensland and note their delicate notes of passionfruit, pineapple, and mango.