Amby, originally called Amby Creek, became a township in 1883 and forms part of the eastern boundary of the Outback region. It can best be described as where the grain and the grazing belts meet.
The Old Stage Changeover Shanty - known to the locals as Netting Hole - dates back to 1875 and is located on the northern side of town, along the Warrego Highway near Amby Downs waterhole.
Amby Quarry, located on the western side of town, is a lava flow of pure basalt ten metres deep, five kilometres wide and sixty-four kilometres long. It is quarried for construction of roads, bridges and dams. Fossils can be found occasionally in the lava.
Renowned for its country hospitality, stop and meet the locals and take up the challenge of the 'no horse' golf course.
Note: Information on listed products and services are provided by the operator and were correct at the time of publishing. Rates are indicative based on the minimum and maximum available prices of products and services. Please visit the operator’s website for further information. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars (AUD).